Shipping your vehicle inter-island is the same as shipping to the Mainland.
All information is outlined below.
Preparing Your Vehicle for Shipment
- Normal Operating Condition Your vehicle must be in normal operating condition. All vehicles will be inspected upon delivery to Young Brothers. Vehicles found not in normal operating condition will be rejected as a vehicle. Alternate methods of shipment may be offered.
- Fuel in Tank Please deliver your vehicle to Young Brothers with 1/4 tank or less fuel
- Disconnect Alarm Systems Alarm systems in your vehicle must be disconnected prior to shipping.
- 5 inch Ground Clearance All vehicles must have at least five inches of ground clearance to be considered a vehicle. Vehicles with less than five inches of ground clearance may be subject to different rates and shipping methods.
- Personal Effects Young Brothers highly recommends removing all personal effects from the vehicle prior to shipping. If you choose to leave personal effects in your vehicle, they will be shipped at the owner’s risk. Any personal effects should be packaged and properly secured. Nothing is allowed in the front seat or directly behind the driver’s seat. You may load personal effects in the trunk or the back seat, but no higher than the bottom of the windows. If you have a truck, nothing may extend beyond the bed of the truck. In addition, if you ship personal effects in your vehicle, you will be REQUIRED to sign a waiver at the time of check-in.
- No Hazmat/Fire Extinguishers/Firearms No hazardous materials, fire extinguishers, firearms, or ammunition of any type may be stored in the vehicle.
- Free of Any Insect Infestation, Dirt, Mud, And Seeds Young Brothers will visually inspect both the interior and exterior of the vehicle for signs of dirt, mud, seeds, or other unauthorized material. Soil, sand contaminated with visible amounts of soil, and animal manure in any amount will NOT be allowed.
- No Plant and Propagative Plant Parts Your vehicle will not be allowed to transport plant and propagative plant parts (e.g. roots, rootstock) unless inspected at the Hawaii Department of Agriculture (HDOA) Plant Quarantine Office and will ONLY be allowed to travel on the barge accompanied by a signed HDOA certificate of inspection. No other plants will be allowed. Customers shall also comply with any and all current or future rules set by the HDOA. U.S. Department of Agriculture, FDA, or other government agency rules for a plant, or crop movement restrictions are applicable.
- Current Registration or Certificate of Ownership
- Proof of Insurance
- NOTARIZED letter from registered owner or legal owner or lienholder authorizing Maui Logistic to ship the vehicle **We will provide you with this letter to have notarized**